Zero zero one
one hundred backwards
It is the 3-bit gray code seed for the fractal melody generator MusiNum
For the unitiated:
MusiNum was a free sonification program which turned numbers into generative fractal music. It pushed out notes based on fractal concepts, self-similarity and “a new kind of symmetry”.
Easily one of the friendliest tools to help climb out
when waist deep in a creative rut
and throw a little randomness against the wall
I spent countless hours feeding numbers
- half tone shifts
- octaves changes into equally countless layers of “fractal” midi generators
- letting them run for hours
- waiting to catch something
- exporting huge buckets of midi data
- mine for a starting point
001 never made it past the starting point.
All the layers clicked into place
I couldn’t hear the pattern any other way.
This is why it begins Among others.